Effective Date: July 1, 2022
Party, Inc. d/b/a Whatever (“Company”, “we” “us”, or “our”) owns, controls, and operates the website, https://whaetever.co (including, without limitation, all subdomains thereof, collectively, the “Website”).
1. Information We Collect and Receive
In order for us to provide you with the products, services, features, and functionalities offered via the Website, engage in troubleshooting activities, and improve upon the Website’s performance, safety and security, we may collect and process personal information (i) from you directly when you provide it to us through the Website and when you engage in certain actions via the Website, or (ii) about you automatically from you or your computer, smartphone, or other device when you use, access, or interact with the Website, as well as from third parties, including, but not limited to the following information:
Information You Provide
We may collect and process information you provide when you use our Website or otherwise engage or communicate with us, as described in more detail below.
- Identity Data. This includes information that could be directly associated with you, or used to contact or identify you, without the aid of additional information, including, without limitation, your name, age, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, telephone number, physical address, or any other information that you provide to us that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (collectively, “Personal Information”);
- Additional Data You Provide. This includes information you provide when you contact us via the Website, and as applicable may also include information you provide in connection with focus groups, survey responses, contests/sweepstakes, or other means. We may also collect Personal Information at other points on our Website where you voluntarily provide it or where we state that Personal Information is being collected.
Information Collected Automatically
As is true of many digital platforms, we also may collect and process certain information about you automatically when you use our Website, as described in more detail below.
- Usage Information. This includes information regarding your activity on our Website, including device identifiers (like IP address or mobile device identifiers), pages or features you use, interact with, or click on, time and date of access and other similar usage history, usage preferences such as language, resolution settings, etc., and other similar usage information.
The services, features, and functionalities of the Website requiring the submission of Personal Information are not intended for children under the age of 16, and we do not sell or share the Personal Information of any child under the age of 16 without the prior affirmative consent of such child’s parent or guardian.
Information Collected from Other Sources
In addition to the above information, we may also obtain information about you from other sources, as described in more detail below.
- Vendors and Business Partners. We may receive Personal Information and/or anonymous data about you from companies that offer their products and/or services for use in conjunction with our Website or whose products and/or services may be linked from our Website. We may add this to the data we have already collected from or about you through our Website.
While certain types of information described above, such as Usage Information and information collected from third parties, are generally non-identifying on a standalone basis, we may in certain instances combine this information with other information collected on the Website, as described above. If we ever combine non-identifying information with Personal Information or other information that enables you to be identified, we will treat such combined information as Personal Information. We do not currently use your Personal Information for automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
Lawful Basis for Collecting Information
Certain jurisdictions where Users of the Website are citizens or residents have laws and regulations that require a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining Personal Information (e.g., the European Union General Data Protection Act 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”)).
2. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information that we collect and process for a variety of purposes related to the Website, including, without limitation, to:
- Identify you and potentially improve and/or customize the Website, including products and services offered or made available to you
- Send you administrative notices
- Address inquiries and respond to customer service requests, questions, and comments
- Send you newsletters via email
- Send you more relevant marketing communications, promotional materials, and general Company and Website information/product updates
- Identify trends, conduct data analysis, and determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotions and other Website offerings
- Improve your experience and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Website and functionality offerings
- Maintain security
- Enforce our Website Terms and applicable law and to screen for potential fraud
- Analyze Website usage, User preferences, browser behavior, and other trend data
- Maintain business records and processes
- Solicit feedback, reviews, and other information regarding your experience with the Website, including, without limitation, with respect to certain features and functionalities that you would like to see on the Website, or that we have recently rolled out onto the Website
- Test new features, Website offerings and functionalities on the Website
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Other purposes that we believe are necessary to protect our rights and the rights of others, or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
We may also use certain collected information on an aggregated and/or anonymized basis in order to conduct market research, engage in project planning, for troubleshooting purposes, to help detect and protect against error, fraud, or other criminal activity.
Email Notifications and Opt-Out
3. How We Share Your Information
- We may use third parties (e.g., Google Analytics) to outsource one or more aspects of our business and/or Website operations (such as data processing, web analytics, maintenance, and security execution and clearing services), in which case, we may provide your Personal Information to such third parties in connection with the performance of such activities. Such third parties will only use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to perform their functions and will be contractually bound to process your Personal Information only on our behalf and in compliance with our requests.
- We also work with (or may in the future work with) analytics service providers and other vendors (such as network advertisers and ad agencies) to provide us with information regarding traffic on the Website, including pages viewed, content interacted with, and actions taken by users when visiting the Website; to serve advertisements on other websites, within mobile apps and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Website and the effectiveness of any advertisements and other marketing campaigns that we may choose to initiate. Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to, and activity on, the Website as well as other websites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including Cookies and Web Beacons), and they may use that information to show you targeted advertisements. Some of these parties may collect Personal Information when you visit the Website or other online websites and services. We may also share certain non-Personal Information with these parties, in connection with the services they provide to us.
- In the event that we undergo a re-organization, are sold to, or merged with, a third party, or sell all or substantially all of our assets, any Personal Information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organized entity or third party in compliance with applicable law.
- In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used.
- We will also share your information with any member, subsidiary, parent, or affiliate of our corporate group, only for the purposes set out above, to assist in the improvement and optimization of the Website, in order to prevent illegal uses, increase user numbers, development, engineering and analysis of information or for our internal business purposes.
- In addition to the foregoing, we also reserve the right, and you hereby authorize us, to share or disclose (including, without limitation, to law enforcement agencies, public authorities, governmental departments, or other similar organizations) information we collect, including your Personal Information, and any other information, records or electronic communications of any kind, when we determine (in our sole discretion), that the disclosure of such information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you if:
- you are interfering with our or any third party’s rights or property;
- you are violating any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- necessary or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation, including a subpoena or similar legal process or request/order;
- necessary or required for purposes of public importance, to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate security, technical issues, or fraud, or respond to a government request;
- requested by governmental authorities in the event of any investigation, act of terrorism or instance of local, regional, or national emergency;
- necessary to support any audit, or to comply with similar corporate governance functions; and/or
- otherwise consented to by you.
4. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
A more detailed list of the cookies we currently use and how we use, or may use, them are as follows:
- Security: We secure the Website with cookies that facilitate security features and allow us to detect activity that might violate our rules and Website Terms, such as unauthorized access or activity.
- Localization: We use some cookies to help us provide localized experiences, such as displaying the Website in the local language.
- Service Features: We use certain cookies to provide greater functionality to the Website and help us deliver our products and services.
- Performance: We use performance cookies to help us route traffic between servers and understand how the Website is performing so we can provide users with the best experience possible.
- Analytics and Research: We use certain cookies and other technologies to help us to understand, improve, and research features and content on the Website.
Our Website may contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how the Website is used, including, for example, how many Users access a specific page and which content items or features such User’s clicked on. This aggregated information I used to understand and optimize how the Website is used.
5. Do not Track
Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
6. Links to Third Party Websites
7. Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions through the Website (“Promotions”) that may require registration. If you choose to participate in any Promotions, you acknowledge that you are agreeing to the official rules that govern such Promotions, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of such Promotions to use your name, voice, likeness, or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing associated with such Promotions. Additionally, if you choose to enter any Promotions, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotions, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the official rules of such Promotions, such as on a winner’s list.
8. Your Rights; Information Access and Control.
In certain circumstances you have the right to access the Personal Information that we collect/store about you and to correct, update, or request deletion of such Personal Information.
- Users who are citizens or residents of the European Economic Area or United Kingdom have certain rights under the GDPR, including the right to: (i) request access to, and obtain a copy of, your Personal Information (free of charge); (ii) request rectification or erasure of your Personal Information; (iii) object to or restrict certain processing of your Personal Information; (iv) request portability of your Personal Information; and (v) take legal action in relation to any breach of your rights regarding the processing of your Personal Information, and to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulators. Additionally, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- If you are a California resident, you have certain rights under the CCPA. Residents of Colorado, Virginia, and other states also have (or may in the future have) certain rights under the applicable privacy laws of such state. These include the right to (i) request access to, details regarding, and a copy of, the Personal Information we have collected about you and/or shared with third parties; (ii) request deletion of the Personal Information that we have collected about you; and (iii) the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. As the terms are defined under the CCPA (and other applicable state privacy laws), we do not “Sell” your “Personal Information.”
- If you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR, CCPA, or other applicable data protection or privacy laws, please contact us at the email address provided in Section 12 below, specify your request, and reference the applicable law. We may ask you to verify your identity, or ask for more information about your request before we can take action to address your request. We will consider and act upon any above request in accordance with applicable law. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
10. Storage, Transfer and Retention of Information
Information collected by us may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which we or our agents maintain facilities. By using the Website, you expressly consent to any such transfer and storage of information outside of your country of residence, where data protection laws may be different and/or less stringent. However, we will endeavor to take reasonable measures to keep up an adequate level of data protection when sharing your Personal Information with such countries.
12. How to Contact Us